Friday, February 20, 2009

Isn't it wonderful.....

Isn't it wonderful to know that Jesus loves you? Isn't it wonderful to get a message from the one you love saying that they are thinking of you. It's love to be reminded that someone cares. Although I am in my third year of college, if I go 2 days without calling my dad, I get a message on my machine. The message is in a slightly worried and very loving tone telling me that he hadn't heard from me in a while, that he was thinking of me, and that he loves me!! I LOVE my dad, ever since I was born, I've always been such a Daddy's girl. I'm not afraid to admit it. I love it when he reminds me that he loves me. Jesus reminds me all the time that he loves me. When things go right in my life, I know that Jesus loves me. When I finally finish, or overcome something that I have been struggling with or working towards, I know Jesus loves me. When I think about a decision that I've made when I probably could have made a better one, I remember that Jesus loves me. When I spend time with all the people I LOVE with special needs, even when it gets really difficult, I know Jesus loves me. Even before I joined the church, I knew that Jesus loved me. My mom helped me learn that. We used to sing this song in church when I was growing up.
Jesus loves me this I know,
For the Bible tells me so,
Little ones to Him belong,
They are weak, but He is strong,
Yes Jesus loves me,
Yes Jesus loves me,
Yes Jesus loves me,
The Bible tells me so.

I love that song! It's so happy; it's so encouraging.
Remember that Jesus LOVES YOU!!! If ever you forget or are in doubt, eat a bowl of ice cream, or play with a puppy or a baby. Do the simple things that can remind you!!!

1 comment:

Karen Mello Burton said...

I feel the same way about my dad. I am in my 40s and he still calls me princess and calls to tell me he loves me. And I grew up in the south so I know your song well!