Sunday, December 13, 2009
Never say never
I am the only member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in my family. I have spent so much time pondering what it would be like if my family joined. I have always known that all I could do was to be the best example of a saint that I could be and be open about my beliefs, while not pressuring them to believe. Earlier today I was talking with Price and an idea, or rather a prompting, came into my mind. My mom has been sick and I thought maybe we should offer that Price would give her a blessing. Whether she accepted or not, I felt the offer would prove important. Later today, My Mom and Dad, Price and I were sitting in the family room. My mom said she had to go lay down and suddenly that same prompting came into my mind. So before I realized what I was saying, I had asked her if she wanted Price to give her a blessing. I don't know why -- and I really don't care why -- but she accepted. Luckily, Price had some oil in the vile he keeps on his key chain. He anointed her head and sealed it in the name of Jesus Christ, My Mom's savior and redeemer. The feelings I had were like those I can only remember having a few times before in my life. The most memorable was when I was receiving the first discussion from the missionaries. It was the warm feeling I had when I first recognized the Holy Ghost for what it truly was. I could feel my mother's heart being softened toward the church. I know it doesn't mean that she'll want to get baptized tomorrow, but every step forward is just that. I know this was one of those. I'm so thankful for the priesthood. I'm so grateful for the wonderful men on this earth who sacrifice and worthily honor that power and authority and treat it as the gift from God that it is. What a blessing it is to witness these very important steps in my parents lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That is so awesome. Thanks for sharing your experience. I am proud of you for following your prompting. It can be scary to follow them sometimes and is especially amazing to see their effect when we find the courage to follow through with them.
Post a Comment