Monday, March 29, 2010

The best holiday ever celebrated

I am a firm believer that Easter is simply the best holiday. and I've compiled a list to tell you all why.

#1 The color scheme. Every holiday has it's colors and colored m&ms: Christmas has red and green, halloween has orange and black, valentines has red and pink and the easter colors are simply the best light purple, green, and YELLOW!!!
#2 The Food. Both candy and the meal. Easter means M&Ms, jelly beans, etc. And a meal with ham, rolls, and the like.
#3 Church. Sundays are my favorite day of every week, and Easter falls on a Sunday every single year.
#4 Spring. After months of the icy, freezing, Chicago winter, Easter brings the first days of sunny relief.
#5 Clothes. When I was growing up, I went to a Presbyterian church with my mom. Our favorite thing to do on Easter was watch all the little boys and girls in their Easter outfits, complete with woven hats.
#6 Butterflies, baby chicks, and bunnies. What cute mascots!
#7 JESUS. I obviously saved the best for last. On Easter we celebrate the day our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ was resurrected.

All in all, life doesn't get much better than Easter and that's the truth.


1 comment:

jharmonfamilyblogs said...

Isn't it cool that easter is in spring. We celebrate the resurection of Christ and spring brings new life with it's own beauty.