Monday, April 12, 2010

Ode to Donald

I have a very good friend. His name is Donald. Donald O'Connor. You may have heard of him, but probably not. My friend Donald SHOULD have been the star of many early movies. Who? Who got the parts instead of Donald? Who you ask? Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire, Frank Sinatra, etc, etc. Now, I have nothing against these fine gentlemen, but they're no Donald. No, my Donald had it all, the looks, the humor, the carisma, the dance technique. But was he in the spotlight? NO! He wasn't. I have never known of anyone ever who's been so under-rated. And now it's too late. Dear Donald has since passed away having never recieved the respect he deserved. So here is where I pay tribute to the one, the only:
Donald David Dixon Ronald O'Connor.




1 comment:

Beau said...

A lovely memorial. Thank you for bringing Donald O'Connor to my attention. I remember him from Singin' in the Rain, and I've seen that facial expression before...