Monday, March 2, 2009

The Best Sabboth Day I've Ever Had

Yesterday I was able to have the best Sabboth day I've ever had. It started as I was able to worship again in the Church that I grew up in. It was amazing to sit there as the spirit testified to me of two things. It testified that this church was a wonderful church with wonderful people with wonderful truths and that growing up there truly had prepared me for the Lord's church. It also testified to me that there was more to know and that that was ok. I am so thankful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I also had the opportunity to finish the Book of Mormon for the first time in my entire life. As I read the words of the Prophet Moroni, I felt the spirit so strongly. I was again testified to by the spirit that not only is this Book true, but the Church that comes with it. I was able to worship with someone that means so much to me and whose testimony has helped mine strengthen so much. As we came together in the spirit of fasting and prayer, I cannot explain how strong the spirit was. I felt it like I never have before. I know He lives! I know He loves us. He provides a way! I am so thankful for the knowledge of my place in His perfect plan!

1 comment:

Karen Mello Burton said...

I am glad you had such a terrific Sabbath. I love days like that. I love Sundays. Where are you from, and how long have you been a member of the church? I am a convert myself.