Friday, March 13, 2009

A "Mormon Woman" now or later?

I am in love. There is such a huge part of me that would marry him tomorrow. Lately these thoughts have been creeping in. They are thoughts of completing my program, (if I get in), staying a single girl in Provo and dating around, and continuing my dream of Tap Dancing my life away with the company I am in. But at the same time, I want to be with Price. I want to start our life together. I long to be sealed in the temple of God and I know that Price would be such a wonderful husband and father.

As we talked last night on the phone, I told him that I just wish I knew how the next few months were going to turn out. I wish I knew where I will be living this coming fall. Will I be in school? Will I be working? Will I be engaged? Will I still be with Price? Will my parents be happy with my decisions? Will I be happy? Price assured me that everything will work out. I know they will, but I still wish I knew HOW they will work out.

I am realizing lately that I am slowly becoming the type of person I used to make fun of; the type of girl I told myself, when I joined the church, that I would never become. I have become a girl who considers marriage earlier than age 25, and who struggles to make decisions about her future. I am becoming a Mormon Woman.

I used to think becoming a Mormon woman was a bad thing. I liked the examples of Mormon women I saw at church, but when I saw girls whom I considered too young to be making life decisions, making them, I scoffed and judged them. I didn't realize they were simply becoming Mormon women.

Mormon women are some of the strongest women I've ever met. I would be honored to be seen as one.

But now back to my dilemma. Home to Price and the place I grew up, or living the single life in Provo at BYU for 2 more years.

My trusted friend Humberto, to whom I have confided in, has pointed out how blessed I am to have two good decisions to choose from.

In asking the Lord which he'd prefer, I've been told to make my own decision. I, for some reason, almost feel unqualified to make that decision. I simply wish He would make it for me.

It's interesting to see how my deepest thoughts are often first revealed through Blogpost......
Somehow my thoughts just come more clearly.

Thus is life. Blessed still by the hand of Jesus Christ everyday! I don't know what I'd do without Him.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love this post! It is amazing to me how often the decisions we most want to turn out correctly the Lord leaves up to us.